“When the U.S. Chiefs of Staff meet, their chests are emblazoned with colourful medals that they give to each other for killing people. While our leaders want us to treat children as the enemy and keep trying to destroy their intellectual and creative spirit, our leaders should do the same.” (Susan O)
In the test-prep run up to the Noplan Tests in May, observers of how we run our schools won’t get a better example of Humanity-Free Education than we have before us, now. The season is open on children’s intellectual and creative talents.
Child-care and welfare are ignored. Schools must make a concerted attempt to destroy children’s natural zest for learning. Of historical origin, the collective conscience of Australian voters seems to support our politicians in their drive to acculturise our children to hate school and ignore learning, but maintain an abiding interest in passing tests. There can be no other reason for the tests. Testing controls the Nation! Our schools must be run in the best traditions of our model testucator, Mr Thomas Gradgrind.
Mr Thomas Gradgrind is the notorious school board Superintendent in Dickens‘s novel Hard Times who is dedicated to the pursuit of profitable enterprise. His name is now used generically to refer to someone who is hard and only concerned with cold facts and numbers…..according to W-pedia
While some fair-dinkum educators try to ignore the nastiness, the Gradgrinds in Australian schools are already geared up to observe the rituals of Naplanic Testucation. Testucation is an outcome of Kleinism, a fear-based system introduced in 2008 and continued by formal decree.
The creation of high levels [some extreme] of anxiety, fear, sleeplessness and mental illness is a form of child abuse that is encouraged as a teaching method during this Noplan period of schooling. It can only cease when enough parents say ‘No’.
1. The test starts on May 9, but schools have not sought permission from parents for children to undertake these experiments on their children. Humane schools can offer this choice…nothing to stop them…but they don’t…they do as they are told and thumb their noses at parents…scaredy cats they are, too cautious of the bureaucratic consequences. Yes. It is an EXPERIMENT. What else ? It keeps failing. We keep going in case it works
2. Because of this, parents assume that Noplan is part of normal school routine. IT IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN. State authorities, threatened by loss of revenue, have given their permission to federal authorities for all state and private schools to use their children to gather data. It takes 3 days of learning time each May. Completing the tests is , clearly, an optional extra, nothing to do with learning the traditional curriculum.
3. Parents have to inform the school that they do not want their children to take part in experiments that risk their attitude to and their aptitude for learning. Some parents don’t even know that they have this democratic right io say ‘no’. Schools are instructed by federal and state authorities not to tell the public……to ‘keep mum ‘ .
4. When parents do inform the school that they do not want their child to participate, the Gradgrinds of this world still continue to force all children to participate in the venomous test-prep, in clear breech of honour and integrity and dignity and ethics. No means NO in other institutions.
5. Journalists and columnists are not allowed to inform the public of their rights; and none has yet been brave enough to buck the system and reveal the truth. Control by the Murdoch/Klein enterprises scares the whole media force. In ten years there has not been a newspaper article nor TV commentary that informs the public of its rights under NAPLAN. Not one.
6. The established holistic curriculum covering as many life- enhancing learnings as possible, is allowed to be fiddled. Subjects such as Phys.Ed., Music, Art, Health are denied to pupils.
7. PISA and TIMSS international results to date have provided no joy, but authorities continue as if nothing has happened. Noplan should be stopped forthwith. It’s failed.
We all allow these things to happen right under our noses. n
We don’t care much for kids. “The environment you live in, is the environment that lives in you.” We are perpetuating a schooling environment of fear, deceit and mediocrity.
Phil Cullen 41 Cominan Avenue Banora Point Australia 2486 07 5524 6443 0407865999 firstname.lastname@example.org
If the affective is secure, the cognitive is inevitable.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW TO RID US OF THIS NAPLAN CONTAMINATION?
Never Allow Pupils Learn Anything Necessary